Crossroads has seen a dramatic increase in clients over the past eight weeks due to COVID-19. People are losing their jobs and turning to Crossroads for help. During this unique and challenging crisis, people need food more than ever.
If you would like to volunteer to serve our low income neighbors, and you have:
- a normal temperature and no dry cough, fatigue or shortness of breath,
- not been diagnosed with, or exposed to anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 (Coronavirus),
- no reason to believe that you, someone in your home or others with whom you have close contact has been exposed to COVID-19,
Please contact Liane Proctor, our Volunteer Engagement Manager. She will follow-up ASAP! Contact her at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We cannot operate without the time, talent, and passionate service of many volunteers. We need you and more importantly, our clients need you.
Crossroads continues to serve clients during the Covid-19 outbreak. In an effort to protect the health and safety of clients, volunteers and staff, we have implemented the following procedures:
- We converted to a drive-thru pantry model. Clients do not have leave their car to get food, as we will load it in the back of their vehicles.
- Clients pick up pre-packaged boxes containing a nutritious balance of food for each household member.
- Staff and volunteers take their temperature before coming to Crossroads
- Everyone who enters the building is instructed to wash their hands for 20 seconds.
- Everyone is instructed to wear a face mask covering their nose and mouth while working in the Hub or pantry areas of the building.
- We are taking necessary measures to ensure all employees, visitors, and persons served who are experiencing any symptoms of illness stay home and avoid contact.
- Following recommendations from the CDC to help stop the spread of germs and have posted their guidelines in public areas as a reminder for those coming to Crossroads.
- Asking volunteers to wear gloves during their shift.
- Making hand sanitizing stations available throughout the facility
- Cleaning tools used during the volunteer shift after each shift
- Frequently cleaning high touch surfaces